Manchester United News TV Online

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Owen aims to move on


Having had his first year as a United player disrupted by injury, Owen Hargreaves is hopeful that his return - perhaps in Friday's UEFA Super Cup final - will be his last injury comeback of the season.

Tendinitis affected the midfielder throughout his debut season at OT but, after some impressive training displays, Hargreaves almost featured in Monday's win at Portsmouth. Now a return in Monaco against Zenit St Petersburg could be on the cards.

"I’ve got a big season ahead - with United and England - and I want to be fit," he said. "Hopefully I’ll be back soon and fit for the remainder of the season. Monaco is a possibility, we’ll just see how training goes. I’m improving every day, so hopefully I’ll be back soon."

Hargreaves admits his knee problems have dogged him since before his arrival in Manchester, but some sterling work from the club's medical staff could end the problem.

"I’ve felt it on and off for 16 months," he revealed. "Sometimes more, sometimes less – it’s something I’ve had to cope with. The staff and I have worked very hard so that I’m fit and when I play I don’t miss out. They’ve done a really good job. I think we’ve got it under control."

No comments: