Manchester United News TV Online

Monday, September 1, 2008

Saha completes Toffees switch


Louis Saha has completed his move to Everton after signing a two-year deal with the Toffees.

The striker, who also has the option of a third year at Goodison Park, successfully passed a medical over the weekend and has joined for an undisclosed fee. He will wear the No.9 shirt for his new club.

The 30-year-old netted 42 goals in 124 appearances for the Reds during his four-and-a-half-year career at Old Trafford, including a debut strike against Southampton in January 2004. But after a promising start he endured a torrid time with injuries and spent prolonged periods on the sidelines.

Saha is looking forward to the challenges ahead with his new club, but admits he is sad at the way his time at Old Trafford ended.

"I am quite disappointed my time with United has finished like this, with so many injury problems," he told the official Everton website. "But I am very happy a club of Everton's stature have shown they are interested in me.

"There is European football for one thing, and I was very impressed when I spoke to their manager David Moyes. He told me exactly how he wanted me to play. He was very honest with me.

"I also spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson and he said it would be good for me to sign for Everton because I would get the chance to play more than at United. He also thought it would help my fitness if I was playing every week."

Everyone at Old Trafford would like to wish Louis all the best for the future.

No comments: